Wednesday 10 June 2020

Nth draft of the world









So here it is, not much to look at right now. I have drawn four sheets of maps, each sheet being 5 maps high and six maps wide. I then reduced those maps down to this rough sketch. I wanted to have a good overview map of the world on as few sheets as possible.

The world has been expanded north and south, and then reduced,expanded, rearranged many times over. The scale of the map has changed over the years, and over the time that I have been working on them.

Keen eys might spot the Judges Guild maps of the Wilderland campaign. They were some of the first maps I ever used for gaming on back in the day (late 1970s) It seems fitting to incorporate them into this world as we they provided countless hours of fun. I have of course included the various city state maps that JG produced. I have used these maps as the template for all my maps, they are hex maps roughly 35 by 45 hexes in size. They would be the large scale maps that I would use in this game.

Currently, each small rectangle is 140 miles N/S by 180 miles E/W.
On a large scale map, each hex will be 4 miles wide


The original JG maps used a 5 mile hex, while I have also thought about using a 6 mile per hex scale (two leagues)





No comments:

Post a Comment